Sunday, December 9, 2007

It is official: Oprah endorsed Obama, in Des Monies Iowa (Video)



On 7 December, Oprah appears on stage to support Obama. She makes her first political speech in Des Monies, Iowa for her friend.

She realizes that she can't enforse a politician like she does in book club, "I am not here to tell you what to think," she says.

"I am not here to tell you what to think. I am here to ask you to think," she said. "I want you to think seriously about a man who knows who we are and he knows who we can be. I'm not here for partisan beliefs. Over the years, I've voted for as many Republicans as I have Democrats. So this is not about partisanship to me. This is very, very personal."

So why is Oprah speaking on stage? "You love America. I can see you do," she says.

What's next for Oprah and Obama? They will speak again at U.S. Cellular Center in Cedar Rapids, South Carolina and New Hampshire.

No doubt Oprah is one of the most influential women in US today. Do you think she will give Obama the leads in the polls? We believe that Oprah is doing so because she admires Obama and buy his ideas. Still, some people find it doubtful as she only want the first black candidate to be elected.
Nonetheless, both Obama and Oprah are living proof of American dreams. With little luck and hard work, anyone can be successful in the states.

What do you think? Who would you vote? Let's watch Oprah's speech :


1 comment:

Maasanova said...

Do you remember when Oprah helped to spread Bush's lies about WMD to millions of frightened housewives. If you didn't catch that episode you can can watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqVtRJeXxXM